Love Wavertree is a community campaign for positive action, working by, with, of and for the people of Wavertree. We are committed to a positive present and future for Wavertree as a happy, healthy area and we welcome anyone who wants to join in and support.
- Love Wavertree is non-political and not affiliated to any political party or religious organisation.
- We are a campaign for positive community action.
- We are community-led.
- We are open, networked and transparent.
- We are wholly committed to Wavertree, to our community and to our volunteers.
- We support and champion inclusion, equality and diversity.
- We believe that everyone in Wavertree can make a difference.
- We are collaborative. We wholly welcome and celebrate the actions of others who achieve positive outcomes for L15.
- We follow an iterative process to build mutuality, consensus and shared ownership.
- We believe in Wavertree. We Love Wavertree.
Love Wavertree is an independent collective of local residents. Our activity is community led, working closely with local schools, businesses, charities and services. The Love Wavertree campaign started in July 2019. Love Wavertree CIC was formed in May 2020 and the ‘ReLoved’ Shop and Community Hub opened on 4th July 2020.
All profits generated through the ‘ReLoved’ shop, individual donations and public grant monies received are reinvested back into Wavertree, targeting support for community-led projects and activity within six strategic themes (identified as priorities by the Love Wavertree community):
- heritage, identity and place (including built heritage)
- community cohesion and intergenerational projects for children, young and older people
- development of the Wavertree High Street offer, in particular support for independent food and drink retailers, community services, SMEs, start-ups and social enterprises
- arts, creativity, learning and skills development
- environment, sustainability and climate change (including litter, traffic & transport)
- individual and collective health and wellbeing (including mental health)